Tubeless tyres do get punctured and are not in anyways puncture proof. The concept of a tubeless tyre helps avoid sudden air loss in the case of a puncture. Usually, when a nail pierces a tubed tyre, the tyre as well as the tube inside get ruptured and air can escape out of the gap between the tube and tyre. There are many reasons why you should prefer tubeless tires rather than the tube tires.
Here are some points which will help you to understand the actual benefit & why you go with tubeless tire.
1. No Tubes: Since there is no tube in a tubeless tire. The tire and the rim of the wheel form an airtight container to seal the air as the tubeless tire has an inner lining of impermeable radiance. The valve is directly mounted on the rim.
2. Compatible with tubes: you can carry a spare tube to put inside the tire in case of huge puncture.
3. Less Flat Tires: An advantage of tubeless tire systems is you don’t have to worry about pinch flats so you can run less air in your tires, which is better for traction, control, and absorbing bumps.
4. Doesn’t Puncture easily : Running tubeless tires can be exceedingly rewarding in terms of never having to fix a puncture, coz Its very difficult to get puncture flat.
5. Easily puncture repair: In case of a puncture, the air leakage is slower. As air can escape only through the point of puncture; it gives sufficient time to the driver to control the vehicle.
6. If a tubeless tire gets punctured, air escapes only through the hole created by the nail, thus giving substantial time between a puncture and a flat tire.
7. More Comfortable for Hire Speed: By using tubeless tire you will get much better feel during driving. The ride gets smoother, faster, and easier. Tubeless tire will gives you better grip, ability to run low pressures and squeeze out even more traction.
8. Lower Tire Pressure: lower tire pressure gives you better control and a smoother ride. With a tube, pinch-flats occur as you try to find that ideal low-pressure ride. Since pinch flats are impossible with tubeless tires, you can drop the pressure on lower tire.